FLSA Designation: Non-exempt
Ploughshares Fund is a global security foundation that seeks to reduce and ultimately eliminate the threats posed by nuclear weapons. We believe everyone has the right to a safe and secure future. With the generous support of individuals, families and foundations, we fund and coordinate individuals and organizations in the United States and abroad that create solutions, drive policy and build grassroots support for a world free from the dangers of nuclear weapons.
Position Summary & Responsibilities
We are looking for a full-time Development Coordinator to help build upon our many successes and to support our efforts to expand our annual contributed income. The Development Coordinator is a critical member of the Development Team, playing a key role in maintaining and expanding annual giving. The Development Coordinator reports to the Deputy Director of Development. Major responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of donor database and gift processing: donation entry, acknowledgment letters, maintain accurate donor records and coding, track interactions between Senior Staff and donors, input event attendance, facilitate reconciliation with Director of Finance.
- Queries, reporting and analytics: build and run complex queries for mailing/email lists, execute mailing exports and mail merges, prepare weekly and monthly reports for Development Team and Board of Directors, run analytic reports to determine trends and analyze fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate mailings (direct mail, annual appeals, annual report, event invitations, planned giving, etc.): prepare mailing lists from database, manage timelines with writers/designers, coordinate with various vendors (printer, mail house, etc.).
- Support for Chief Development Officer and other senior leadership: help set meetings, prepare donor briefings, track donor meetings in database, research potential donors.
- Donor research: conduct all initial research on new donors and others as requested, make recommendations and prepare briefing profiles.
- Special event support: prepare invitation lists, support invitation & rsvp process, record all interactions in database, prepare nametags and provide on-site event support as needed.
- General support for SF office and Development Team: contribute to organization-wide discussions and the overall planning of the Development Team, manage stock and archives of development materials, maintain relationships with key vendors, collaborate with Communications Team as needed, support other administrative staff in answering phones, other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous database management required; Raiser’s Edge and Engaging Networks preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- At least one year of experience in nonprofit administration or equivalent
- Detail oriented, proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently and prioritize a busy workload with multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Commitment to Ploughshares Fund’s mission
- Interest in international relations, national security and philanthropy a plus
This is a full-time position, based in San Francisco, CA, with some remote work flexibility. Compensation is based on experience and qualifications, with a salary range of $49,000 - $52,000. Ploughshares Fund offers a full range of benefits including health insurance, a retirement matching plan, paid sick leave and paid vacation time. Ploughshares Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.