About Ploughshares Fund
Ploughshares Fund is a global security foundation that seeks to reduce nuclear threats and ultimately eliminate nuclear weapons. We believe everyone has the right to a safe and secure future. In order to fundamentally transform nuclear policy, we seek to strengthen the nuclear field with new voices and diverse perspectives; motivate the public and build power with allies; stimulate new approaches and challenge status quo thinking; and catalyze inclusion within the nuclear field and our organization through Equity Rises.
Equity Rises aims to increase equity and justice in nuclear policies and institutions by empowering diverse voices, cultivating inclusive spaces (across identity, sector, and geography), and collaborating with new partners both inside and outside the nuclear field.
Ploughshares Fund is a public foundation that relies on the generous support of individuals, families and foundations.
The Finance Director/Controller reports to the executive director, partners with the interim CFO, is part of the senior leadership team, and is responsible for the accounting activities of Ploughshares Fund. This position is equally strategic and tactical. Over time, the finance director/controller will have the opportunity to grow into a more senior role and delegate transactional accounting duties.
In this job you will:
- Develop internal control policies, procedures and guidelines for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management and accounting.
- Process accounts and grants payable, accounts receivable and general ledger transactions.
- Coordinate with the fund development team to ensure that contributions are recorded accurately and used in accordance with donor restrictions.
- Oversee payroll processing, reviewing semi-monthly reports and entering into accounting system. Prepare financial statements and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze financial information to support decision-making.
- Manage cash and investments in collaboration with investment advisor.
- Collaborate with interim CFO on reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Ensure compliance with policies, laws and regulations, including coordination of annual audit and preparation of IRS Form 990.
- Coordinate with external CPA and legal counsel to file required tax forms and business registrations.
- Act as the primary liaison with outside auditors, banks, investment firms, and other finance- related vendors.
- Staff audit, finance and investment committees of the board of directors.
- Engage in continuing education to maintain and enhance job knowledge and skills.
Please submit your application along with a resume and cover letter that highlight how you meet the required skills and experience noted above to https://www.fitzii.com/apply/71120?s=fc. Applications are due by Friday, September 30, 2022. Please do not contact us by phone. To learn more about Ploughshares Fund, please visit ploughshares.org.
Please view the attachement for the full job posting.