This is a one-year position.
Ploughshares Fund, a globally recognized peace and security foundation working to reduce and ultimately eliminate the threats posed by nuclear weapons, seeks a Policy Analyst to support the President and Director of Policy in developing and implementing strategies to achieve policy goals. The Policy Analyst will report to the Director of Policy and work with a small, dedicated team to impact the future direction of US nuclear policy and posture. This is a unique opportunity to join a vibrant and cutting-edge organization, and to be part of changing history for the better.
- support nuclear policy and Iran campaign activities
- liaise with Hill staff and maintain relationships with grantees
- provide resources for Hill staff and media
- represent Ploughshares Fund at Capitol Hill and other meetings
- consult with Program staff on campaign needs and grant proposals
- draft op-eds and press releases
- support production of Press the Button podcast
- other duties as required
- Two-three years of nuclear policy experience, either at an NGO, congressional office or similar
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to execute multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- A solid understanding of the international security and arms control field; Iran experience preferred
- A commitment to Ploughshares Fund’s mission and diversity in the field
- A commitment to working as part of a team
- Collegial and consultative approach to preventing and solving problems
- Readiness to take initiative and responsibility
- Commitment to involving, promoting and respecting participants from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives
Washington, DC (working remotely from home until our office re-opens)
Commensurate with experience, base salary range of $52,000 to $57,000.
Ploughshares Fund offers a full range of benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, paid sick leave and paid vacation time. Ploughshares Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants should send as a single PDF a cover letter, resume, two writing samples and three references to Tom Collina (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 15, 2021. No telephone calls, please.