- Support a process with reciprocal actions that verifiably suspends and dismantles North Korea’s nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programs and addresses mutual security concerns, such as:
- a political statement declaring an end to the Korean War,
- building a stable and lasting peace regime on the Korean Peninsula,
- joint US-DPRK trust-building programs such as:
- continuing POW/MIA remains repatriation, and
- reunions between long-divided North Korean and Korean American families.
- Support South Korea in its efforts to improve inter-Korean relations through confidence-building and tension reduction measures, including the commitments made in the Panmunjom Declaration in April 2018:
- reduce acute military tensions
- replace the armistice agreement with a peace regime
inter-Korean economic and civic projects, and
humanitarian relief efforts.
- Oppose an unprovoked US military attack on North Korea, which could trigger full-scale — potentially nuclear — war, endangering the lives of tens of millions in the region, including South Koreans and Americans.
- Support targeted sanctions relief in exchange for concrete, verifiable actions toward denuclearization.
- Strengthen sanctions exemptions for humanitarian activities and maintain consistent congressional oversight on the implementation of humanitarian exemptions.
- Support the inclusion of women, youth, and other civil society actors in ongoing negotiations.
Signatories (Last Updated 02/21/19)
About Face: Veterans Against the War
Arms Control Association
Beyond the Bomb
Campaign for Peace Disarmament and Common Security
Center for American Progress
Center for International Policy
Council for a Livable World
Demand Progress Education Fund
Dominican Sisters of Peace
Federation of American Scientists
Foreign Policy for America
Franciscan Action Network
Friends Committee on National Legislation
Good Friends USA
Institute for Policy Studies, New Internationalism Project
Just Foreign Policy
Korean American National Coordinating Council, Inc.
Korean Americans in Action
Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns
Mennonite Central Committee U.S. Washington Office
Military Families Speak Out
National Association of Korean Americans
Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainability
Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
Nuclear Crisis Group
Pax Christi International
Peace Committee of the Korean Association of the United Methodist Church
Physicians for Social Responsibility
Presbyterian Church (USA)
United Church of Christ, Justice and Witness Ministries
United for Peace and Justice
War Prevention Initiative
Win Without War
Women Cross DMZ
Women’s Action for New Directions